Sunday, May 1, 2016

Day 1: Easy as!

Today was the first day of my 'no-spend' month of May, and it was remarkably easy. It's a Sunday and I spent the morning at home reading the paper (we have an ongoing delivery so I'm not counting that as spending) and cleaning the house (we had a birthday party at home yesterday). I got my coffee fix at home (I'm fortunate to have a machine as well as a stovetop coffee maker). In the afternoon we went to a playgroup child's 2nd birthday party and I cheekily re-gifted a present. Dinner was easy as we have plenty of veggies in the fridge and Adrian made veggie/lentil dahl.

So I had no real need to go out today and spend money. But yesterday I went to a cafe and had coffee and brunch, which I was trying not to do... However cafes are my escape and I love nothing more than sitting in one for an hour reading and sipping coffee. When I'm child free it's what I do, so I'm not sure what I'll do instead this month. I guess I could go hang out at the library and read! Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment